16 April 2006

Lesson #2

Statuesque
Kate Jabalee

On the left
It felt not quite right
It dangled
Lightly
With room to fill
Tons
Well, at least some

I could twirl it
It would whirl
And as I twisted it
It worn my flesh
I shouldn’t have toyed with it
It was in its right place
On the left

They say it needs to ripen
To strengthen
Like those affections
I mean ours, our affections

They say I’ll grow into it
But I have become still
I can’t twist
Away

As I tugged on it
It tore me
As I wanted out
It dug in
It was soldered
To its right place
On the left

A second ago
One
Just one
It dangled
Heavily
Heavy enough
To fall
Off

They say it needs to sow
To solidify
Like those ways
Ours, of course, our ways
Our lives

They say the displeasure will wane
And I will come to appreciate it
As numbness crosses over
The threshold

As the band was placed upon my finger
It poured into my mould
Like plaster
And I was cast
Aside
On the left
Never right

When days were mine
I held no hand
Now mine is as touched
As sculpted
As cold
As marble
I have become none
We have become one

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home